|FAMOUS WOMEN (REAL AND FICTIONAL) – QUIZ ANSWERS
1. Which female singer had number one hits in the 60s with Sailor and This is my song?
2. Who was the untouchable object of Father Peter Clifford’s affections in TV’s Ballykissangel?
3. Which Jamaican singer had a top ten hit with My boy lollipop?
4. Which of these British royals reputedly rejected her future husband three times before finally agreeing on his forth proposal? Sarah Ferguson, Princess Margaret, The Queen Mother?
The Queen Mother
5. Which actress played Annie Walker in Coronation Street?
6. Who won the women’s 440m hurdles gold medal at the 1992 Olympics?
7. Which actress is the sister of Warren Beatty?
8. Who created the character Noddy?
9. King Henry VIII is well known for his wives, but only one became his widow. Was it Katherine Parr, Jayne Seymour, or Anne Boleyn?
10. Which character did Diana Rigg play in The Avengers?
11. Which literary sisters were from the Yorkshire village of Haworth?
The Bronte sisters
12. Which 50s female singer had top ten hits with Softly softly, Let me go lover, and Goodbye Jimmy goodbye.
13. Which of the following is NOT an ex-girlfriend of Prince Charles? Sabrina Guiness, Amanda Knatchbull, Koo Stark, Anna Whiplash Wallace?
14. Which US poet was married to Ted Hughes?
15. Which film star was born Lucille Le Sueur?
16. Which actress starred in the 1988 film A cry in the dark,which was based upon the real-life Australian murder case against mother Cindy Chamberlain?
17. Which Romanian gymnast won three gold medals at the 1976 Olympics?
18. Who is Britain’s oldest ever monarch?
HM Queen Elizabeth II
19. Who won an oscar for her portrayal of Mrs Miniver in the 1942 film of that name?
20. Which famous portrait is also known as La Gioconda?
The Mona Lisa